We cannot overturn or alter the decision made by the professional organisation.
However, if we uphold your handling complaint, we can recommend that the professional organisation take any or some of the following actions:
- provide you with more information;
- investigate the conduct complaint further;
- reconsider its decision;
- exercise its powers in relation to the solicitor or advocate;
- pay compensation for loss, inconvenience or distress caused to you by the professional organisations' poor complaint handling;
- re-imburse part or all of the reasonable costs incurred in making your handling complaint to the SLCC.
If you are appealing a decision made by the Law Society of Scotland, there is guidance available on the Scottish Solicitors Discipline Tribunal (SSDT) website.